Grace Lutheran School has a Long History of Providing Outstanding Christ-Centered Education
Grace Lutheran School was organized in 1911 under Pastor E. Zucker. School sessions were held in a wing of Grace Lutheran Church until 1916.
In 1948 the Grace Lutheran Church congregation reopened a school beginning with a simple Kindergarten class. The following year, grade 1 was added, then grade 2 the year after that.
The current school building was built in 1951 and dedicated in 1952. A large addition was added in 1977, including the current gym.
In 2004, the Red River Lutheran School Association was formed to own and operate Grace Lutheran School. Six local Lutheran churches are part of the Association: Grace Lutheran Church, St Andrew Lutheran Church, Immanuel Lutheran Church, Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church, Our Redeemer Lutheran Church, and Trinity Lutheran Church.
Grace is a member of the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod and part of the largest protestant school system in the United States.
Grace Lutheran School students receive a Christ-centered education, nurturing them in the knowledge of Jesus Christ, strengthening their faith in Jesus as Savior through the Word, inspiring them to respond with lives of Christian faith and service, and preparing them for citizenship in church and community.
- Are driven by a commitment to the Gospel and focused on a mission of bringing hope and healing to students and families.
- Are governed by board members who clearly understand their roles and focus on the vision and board policies that effectively govern the operation of the school.
- Meet or exceed state and national academic standards at all grade levels.
- Have educators who model visionary leadership. They practice stewardship of resources, build up others and empathize with others.
- Have educators who model servant leadership. “Do those served grow as persons; do they, while being served, become healthier, wiser, freer, more autonomous, more likely themselves to become servants?” (Robert Greenleaf)
- Have educators who model spiritual leadership. They study God’s Word, share their personal faith story, apply Law and Gospel appropriately, exhibit a passion for ministry, act courageously, equip God’s people for service, care for others, demonstrate integrity, and pray.
Our Associations & Accreditation
Grace Lutheran School is accredited by National Lutheran School Accreditation and the ND Department of Public Instruction.
We operate as part of the Red River Lutheran School Association. We educate students in Pre-Kindergarten through Eighth Grade.